The introduction (chapters 1–9) of the Proverbs constitutes the youngest unit in the book. It consists of a series of poems or discourses in which a father exhorts his son to acquire wisdom and in which wisdom personified intervenes. These chapters have a more speculative quality than the remainder of the book. They do not treat wisdom simply as a human quality and achievement or as a cultural legacy imparted by teachers and parents; they present it as a universal and abiding reality, transcending the human scene.
Wisdom is the first of God’s works and participated with him in the creation of the world. A constantly debated aspect of this section concerns the identity of “the loose [strange] woman” who is set over against Wisdom.
Take the proverbs of other nations, and we shall find great numbers founded upon selfishness, cunning, pride, injustice, national contempt, and animosities.
The principles of the Proverbs of Solomon are piety, charity, justice, benevolence, and true prudence. Their universal purity proves that they are the word of God.
Without further, let us continue in our section of Proverbs Chapters 25-29, this week, Monday-Friday, November 16-20, 2020. specifically, Chapters 25-29, as the Lord wills.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html
[Our studies began and continues since August 24-26-28, 2020; September 1-3; 7-9-11;15,17,2020; October 5-7; 13-15, 19,21,23, 27, 29, 2020; November 2,3,4,5,6, 2020 with our verbatim posts of the Book of 'Wisdom', 'Proverbs'].
We have finished the first section of Proverbs Chapters 1-11. audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html
For your reference, the following link for Chapters 1-11 is provided.
Studies in 'the Proverbs' Review Links - Chapters 1-11, 'Verbatim', Post Script, October 7, 2020
Other 'cumulative links' to posts shall be added as we proceed and take breaks, including Chapters 12,13,14.15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28. audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html
Remember, the principles of the Proverbs of Solomon are piety, charity, justice, benevolence, and true prudence. Their universal purity proves that they are the word of God. My friends, slow down and 'really take some notes', meditate, and ask the Lord to show you where this Chapter in the Proverbs may be so timely and relevant for 'today', 'world-wide'. Take heed! There are no 'coincidences'. Amen. Amen.
Chapter 29 audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html Part 1 of 1.
w/Notes from the Commentary of Matthew Henry for further insight. 
1. 'He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
3 Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father: but he that keepeth company with harlots spendeth his substance.
4 The king by judgment establisheth the land: but he that receiveth gifts overthroweth it.
5 A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his feet.
6 In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare: but the righteous doth sing and rejoice.
7 The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.
8 Scornful men bring a city into a snare: but wise men turn away wrath.
9 If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest.
10 The bloodthirsty hate the upright: but the just seek his soul.'
Notes: verses. 1-10 audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html
1 'If God wounds, who can heal? The word of God warns all to flee from the wrath to come, to the hope set before us in Jesus Christ.
2. The people have cause to rejoice or mourn, as their rulers are righteous or wicked.
3. Divine wisdom best keeps us from ruinous lusts.
4. The Lord Jesus is the King who will minister true judgment to the people.
5. Flatterers put men off their guard, which betrays them into foolish conduct.
6. Transgressions always end in vexations. Righteous men walk at liberty, and walk in safety.
7. This verse is applicable to compassion for the distress of the poor, and the unfeeling disregard shown by the wicked.
8. The scornful mock at things sacred and serious. Men who promote religion, which is true wisdom, turn away the wrath of God.
9. If a wise man dispute with a conceited wrangler, he will be treated with anger or ridicule; and no good is done.
10. Christ told his disciples that they should be hated of all men. The just, whom the blood-thirsty hate, gladly do any thing for their salvation.'
11 'A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
12 If a ruler hearken to lies, all his servants are wicked.
13 The poor and the deceitful man meet together: the LORD lighteneth both their eyes.
14 The king that faithfully judgeth the poor, his throne shall be established for ever.
15 The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
16 When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increaseth: but the righteous shall see their fall.
17 Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.
18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
19 A servant will not be corrected by words: for though he understand he will not answer.
20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.'
Notes: verses 11-20 audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html
11. 'He is a fool who tells every thing he knows, and can keep no counsel.
12. One who loves flatterers, and hearkens to slanderers, causes his servants to become liars and false accusers.
13. Some are poor, others have a great deal of deceitful riches. They meet in the business of this world; the Lord gives to both the comforts of this life. To some of both sorts he gives his grace.
14. The rich will look to themselves, but the poor and needy the prince must defend and plead for.
15. Parents must consider the benefit of due correction, and the mischief of undue indulgence.
16. Let not the righteous have their faith and hope shocked by the increase of sin and sinners, but let them wait with patience.
17. Children must not be suffered to go without rebuke when they do amiss.
18. How bare does a place look without Bibles and ministers! and what an easy prey is it to the enemy of souls! That gospel is an open vision, which holds forth Christ, which humbles the sinner and exalts the Saviour, which promotes holiness in the life and conversation: and these are precious truths to keep the soul alive, and prevent it from perishing.
19. Here is an unprofitable, slothful, wicked servant; one that serves not from conscience, or love, but from fear.
20. When a man is self-conceited, rash, and given to wrangling, there is more hope of the ignorant and profligate.'
21 'He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child shall have him become his son at the length.
22 An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.
23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
24 Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth cursing, and bewrayeth it not.
25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
26 Many seek the ruler's favour; but every man's judgment cometh from the LORD.
27 An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked.'
Notes: 21-27 audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html
21. 'Good usage to a servant does not mean indulgence, which would ruin even a child. The body is a servant to the soul; those that humour it, and are over-tender of it, will find it forget its place.
22. An angry, passionate disposition makes men provoking to one another, and provoking to God.
23. Only those who humble themselves shall be exalted and established.
24. The receiver is as bad as the thief.
25. Many are ashamed to own Christ now; and he will not own them in the day of judgment. But he that trusts in the Lord will be saved from this snare.
26. The wisest course is, to look to God, and seek the favour of the Ruler of rulers; for every creature is that to us which God makes it to be.
27. The just man abhors the sins of the wicked, and shuns their company. Christ exposed the wickedness of men, yet prayed for the wicked when they were crucifying him. Hatred to sin in ourselves and others, is a needful branch of the Christian temper. But all that are unholy, have rooted hatred to godliness.'
Commentary by Matthew Henry, 1710. Amen. Amen.
All 2019 'Abraham And Sarah Abraham And Sarah 'After Salvation' 'After Suffering' 'After-Suffering' A Life Of Faith 'All 'Allegory' Amazing Grace And Power 'Ambassadors For Christ' And Events' 'Apologies Matter' Archive Reviews 'Are You A Citizen Living In His Kingdom'? 'Are You A Citizen Living In - His Kingdom'? Articles For Review 'A Time To Call A Family Meeting' 'Avoiding Deception' 'avoiding Strife And Contention' 'be Careful What You Hear' 'Being Responsible' 'Beware Of Meddling' 'Beware Of Talebearers 'Bible Interpretation' 'Bible Literacy Biblical Holy Matrimony 'Biblical Hope' 'Biblical Love' 'Biblical Repentance' 'Biblical Wisdom' Biblical 'Wisdom' 'Blessed Assurance'! 'blessed Security' 'Bride/Groom Love Song' 'Bride Of Christ' 'Cautionary And Slow For Reading' 'Cautions' Chapter 20 'Chapter 21 'character Matters' Children 'Choice Morsels - Parenting' 'choices' 'choosing Friends' Christian Faith Christ's Care For The Church' 'Christ's Love For The Church' 'Christ's Love For The 'Sheep' ' Cleansing' 'commuism' 'Consequences' Covetousness Creation 'Cruelty 'Daily Bread' 'Damnation' 'Deception' Devotions 'Devotions' For Meditations' 'Diligence' To 'remember' The Creator 'Discerning The Times' Disobedience 'Divine Love' 'Divisions' 'Ecclesiastes' Enoch 'Especially For Young Men' EXALTATION Experience Faith Pleases God Families 'family' 'Family Life' 'Fervent Praying' 'Finding Christ In The Proverbs' 'FOR DAILY PRESENCE BEFORE THE LORD' Forgiveness For Men And Women! For The Glory Of God' 'for Us To Heed And Obey' 'Friends' 'Friends'? 'Fulfilled Prophecy' 'General And Leader' Joshau 'General And Leader' - Joshau 'God And Christ's Love' 'God Is NOT A 'socialist'! 'GOD's Love For Israel' God's Providence God's Word Grace Great Rebuilder Nehemiah Great Rebuilder - Nehemiah 'Grief And Joy' 'guard And Protect - The Heart' 'Hear Christ' 'He Cares For His Own' 'He Died For Me!' 'He Is Risen!' 'HIS SECOND COMING' 'Holy Matrimony' 'Honor 'How Are You Training The Children?' 'How He Cares' 'How To Be Sure Your Prayers Are Not An Abomination' 'humble'. 'In Relationships' In 'Sanctuary' 'In The Sanctuary' In Times Gone By 'I Will Be Their God' JAN/FEB/MAR/APR 2019 'Jesus Christ' 'Jesus First And Foremost'! 'Jesus' Last Week On Earth' Jesus SAVES Job 'Job 'Job' Job And Friends 'Job's Friends' Job's God' 'John The Baptist' 'Joshua' 'juicy Tidbits' Of 'grapes' 'King Solomon' 'knowing And Doing What Is 'right' 'Knowing The Enemy' 'Know Your Enemies' 'Lacking Discernment' 'Laziness Or Slothfulness' Lessons For Today Liars' 'life Planning For The Long-term 'like Grapes To Pick Wisdom' 'Lily Of The Field And Garden' Links- Chapters 1-31 'Living Under The Sun' Love 'Love 'Love' Love' 'Love Song' Concludes ''Manchurian Candidate' 'Man's Wisdom' 'Marital Love' 'Marxism' Meditation Meeting Jesus Christ 'Mere Christianity' Or 'miracles'? 'Miracles Of God' 'Miracles Of God V 'Lying Wonders Of The Enemy' 'More Tidbits Of Wisdom' 'Near Christianity' 'Night/Day' 'None Righteous' 'No Partiality' 'Not Flesh And Blood' Obedience October/November Old Testament Or Covenant 'On Being A - 'surety' On Wealth 'Or Real Christianity' 'OUR FRIEND' 'our Love For Christ' 'outcomes' Part 1 Part 1' Part 2 People 'PRAYER PRAYERS Prayers In Songs Prayers Of The Bible PRAYING' 'Pray Without Ceasing'. Proverbs 'Proverbs' Proverbs Chapter 16 Proverbs Chapter 20 Reading The Holy Bible Real Saving Faith Real - Saving - Faith 'Real Wisdom' Reason And Persuation' 'relationships' Repentance Repentance For Today 'Repent And Believe'! 'rest' RESURRECTION 'revealed Truth' 'Review' And 'Consider Our Heart' Reviewing And Going Forward 'Riches In Glory' For Today Righteous 'Suffering' 'Righteous Vs Wicked' 'Romantic Love' 'Saints Of The LORD' 'Saints Of The Past' SALVATION 'Salvation' 'Salvation NOW!' Sanctification 'Second Men Series' 'Silence' 'Slothfulness' 'Slowing Down' 'socialism' 'Solomon' 'Song Of Solomon - Allegory' 'Song Of Songs' 'songs Of Faith' 'Songs Of Our Faith' Songs Of Our Faith 'sorrowful Hearts' 'spiritual Warfare' 'Spokespersons For God' 'Stable Believers' 'Stay Focused On The Will Of God' 'studies In The Proverbs' 'Suffering At God's Hand' 'Sweet Prayer' 'tender And Juicy Grapes Of Wisdom' 'testing Spirits' 'Testing The Spirits' Tests Of A Righteous Man 'the Benefits Of Finding Wisdom' 'The Blood Of Jesus Christ' 'the Difference Between' 'the Fear Of The Lord' 'the Friend Who Sticks Closer Than A Brother' 'the Great Life?' 'the Heart' 'The Holy Spirit' 'the Kingdom Of God' The Kingdom Of Nature' And More 'the Life Of The Wicked Vs The Righteous' 'the Love Of Christ' The Man 'The Man Joshua' 'The Man - Joshua' The Man Nehemiah 'Then 'The Proverbs' 'the Proverbs' The Proverbs 'the Righteous Vs. The Wicked' 'The Sovereign Almighty! 'the Sovereignty Of GOD' 'Tidbits Of Biblical Wisdom' 'Timely And Important - Cautions' TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE 'topics For Confession 'Training Children' 'Train Them Well' 'True Character Matters' 'True Riches' Truth 'Truth Not Deception' Truth Or Deception 'two Gates' Unbelief 'Understanding Life 'Variety In The Posts' 'Virtue' 'Warnings To Young Men 'WATCHING AND WAITING' 'Wealth' 'We Are Not All - The Same' 'we Press On!' 'we Will Reap What We Sow' 'What Fools Do Not Understand' 'What To Look For In A Good Ruler' WHAT WILL YOU DO?? When Bad Things Happen 'When God Speaks'! When To Be 'silent' 'Who Am I?' 'Who Is He?' 'Who Is YOUR GOD'? 'windows Of Agates' Wisdom Wisdom/Folly 'Wisdom In Proverbs' Wisdom In Proverbs Chapter 22 'Wisdom' Is Always 'principle' 'Wisdom Is The Principle Thing' 'Wisdom' On - 'life-styles' 'wisdom' Or 'Wise Vs Foolish Women' 'Womanhood' Women' Women Of The Bible 'Words Before Sleep' 'Worldly Wisdom' 'WORSHIP AND PRAISE'! 'Youth' 'Zacharias And Elisabeth'
Welcome to 'my house', 'my life' 'in Jesus Christ'.
Let's have 'tea'. Come in, come in! Get comfortable.
So, you want to know what it is like to be a 'follower' of Jesus Christ? Well, I am so thrilled to tell you.
It is the best life you can ever live. You become a child of the Living God, the Greatest Father in or out of this world, unto eternity.
To contact us, use the contact forms on any of the main page of any room. Let me hear any comments, suggestions. Thank you.
So, welcome to all the 'rooms' where 'themes' will guide you to understand a 'life in the Faith of Jesus Christ'. Come as often as you like - 24/7 days per year. Thank you, and let me hear from you with any suggestions or questions. Satira M. Quarles