The introduction (chapters 1–9) of the Proverbs constitutes the youngest unit in the book. It consists of a series of poems or discourses in which a father exhorts his son to acquire wisdom and in which wisdom personified intervenes. These chapters have a more speculative quality than the remainder of the book. They do not treat wisdom simply as a human quality and achievement or as a cultural legacy imparted by teachers and parents; they present it as a universal and abiding reality, transcending the human scene.
Wisdom is the first of God’s works and participated with him in the creation of the world. A constantly debated aspect of this section concerns the identity of “the loose [strange] woman” who is set over against Wisdom.
Take the proverbs of other nations, and we shall find great numbers founded upon selfishness, cunning, pride, injustice, national contempt, and animosities.
The principles of the Proverbs of Solomon are piety, charity, justice, benevolence, and true prudence. Their universal purity proves that they are the word of God.
Without further, let us continue in our section of Proverbs Chapters 25-29, this week, Monday-Friday, November 16-20, 2020. specifically, Chapters 25-29, as the Lord wills.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html
[Our studies began and continues since August 24-26-28, 2020; September 1-3; 7-9-11;15,17,2020; October 5-7; 13-15, 19,21,23, 27, 29, 2020; November 2,3,4,5,6, 2020 with our verbatim posts of the Book of 'Wisdom', 'Proverbs'].
We have finished the first section of Proverbs Chapters 1-11. audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html
For your reference, the following link for Chapters 1-11 is provided.
Studies in 'the Proverbs' Review Links - Chapters 1-11, 'Verbatim', Post Script, October 7, 2020
Other 'cumulative links' to posts shall be added as we proceed and take breaks, including Chapters 12,13,14.15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27. audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html
Remember, the principles of the Proverbs of Solomon are piety, charity, justice, benevolence, and true prudence. Their universal purity proves that they are the word of God. My friends, slow down and 'really take some notes', meditate, and ask the Lord to show you where this Chapter in the Proverbs may be so timely and relevant for 'today', 'world-wide'. Take heed! There are no 'coincidences'. Amen. Amen.
Chapter 28 audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html Part 1 of 1.
w/Notes from the Commentary of Matthew Henry for further insight. 
1 'The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
2 'For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof: but by a man of understanding and knowledge the state thereof shall be prolonged.
3 'A poor man that oppresseth the poor is like a sweeping rain which leaveth no food.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
6 Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich.
7 Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.
8 He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor.
9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. [Whoa!]
10 Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession.'
1 Sin makes men cowards. Whatever difficulties the righteous meet in the way of duty, they are not daunted. 2. National sins disturb the public repose.
3. If needy persons get opportunities of oppressing, their extortion will be more severe than that of the more wealthy. [Current example, BLM and the 'Democratic Socialist Party, USA, comment also for verse 4. SMQ]
4. Wicked people strengthen one another in wicked ways.
5. If a man seeks the Lord, it is a good sign that he understands much, and it is a good means of understanding more.
6. An honest, godly, poor man, is better than a wicked, ungodly, rich man; has more comfort in himself, and is a greater blessing to the world.
7. Companions of riotous men not only grieve their parents, but shame them.
8. That which is ill got, though it may increase much, will not last long. Thus the poor are repaid, and God is glorified.
9. The sinner at whose prayers God is angry, is one who obstinately refuses to obey God's commands.
10. The success of ungodly men is their own misery.'
11 'The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.
12 When righteous men do rejoice, there is great glory: but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden.
13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
14 Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.
15 As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people.
16 The prince that wanteth understanding is also a great oppressor: but he that hateth covetousness shall prolong his days.
17 A man that doeth violence to the blood of any person shall flee to the pit; let no man stay him.
18 Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.
19 He that tilleth his land shall have plenty of bread: but he that followeth after vain persons shall have poverty enough.
20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.'
11. 'Rich men are so flattered, that they think themselves superior to others.
12. There is glory in the land when the righteous have liberty.
13. It is folly to indulge sin, and excuse it. He who covers his sins, shall not have any true peace. He who humbly confesses his sins, with true repentance and faith, shall find mercy from God. The Son of God is our great atonement. Under a deep sense of our guilt and danger, we may claim salvation from that mercy which reigns through righteousness unto eternal life, by Jesus Christ our Lord.
14. There is a fear which causes happiness. Faith and love will deliver from the fear of eternal misery; but we should always fear offending God, and fear sinning against him. [Amen. Amen]
15. A wicked ruler, whatever we may call him, this scripture calls a roaring lion, and a ranging bear.
16. Oppressors want understanding; they do not consult their own honour, ease, and safety.
17. The murderer shall be haunted with terrors. None shall desire to save him from deserved punishment, nor pity him.
18. Uprightness will give men holy security in the worst times; but the false and dishonest are never safe.
19. Those who are diligent, take the way to live comfortably.
20. The true way to be happy, is to be holy and honest; not to raise an estate suddenly, without regard to right or wrong.'
21 'To have respect of persons is not good: for for a piece of bread that man will transgress.
22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.
23 He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue.
24Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression; the same is the companion of a destroyer.
25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.
26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
27 He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.
28 When the wicked rise, men hide themselves: but when they perish, the righteous increase.'
21.' Judgment is perverted, when any thing but pure right is considered.
22. He that hastens to be rich, never seriously thinks how quickly God may take his wealth from him, and leave him in poverty.
23. Upon reflection, most will have a better opinion of a faithful reprover than of a soothing flatterer.
24. Here is the wickedness of those who think it no sin to rob their parents, by wheedling them or threatening them, or by wasting what they have, and running into debt.
25. Those make themselves always easy, that live in continual dependence upon God and his grace, and live by faith.
26. A fool trusts to his own strength, merit, and righteousness. And trusts to his own heart, which is not only deceitful above all things, but which has often deceived him.
27. A selfish man not only will not look out for objects of compassion, but will look off from those that call for his attention.
28. When power is put into the hands of the wicked, wise men decline public business. If the reader will go diligently over this and the other chapters, in many places where at first he may suppose there is least of Christ, still he will find what will lead to him.' Commentary by Matthew Henry, 1710. Amen. Amen.
All 2019 'Abraham And Sarah Abraham And Sarah 'After Salvation' 'After Suffering' 'After-Suffering' A Life Of Faith 'All 'Allegory' Amazing Grace And Power 'Ambassadors For Christ' And Events' 'Apologies Matter' Archive Reviews 'Are You A Citizen Living In His Kingdom'? 'Are You A Citizen Living In - His Kingdom'? Articles For Review 'A Time To Call A Family Meeting' 'Avoiding Deception' 'avoiding Strife And Contention' 'be Careful What You Hear' 'Being Responsible' 'Beware Of Meddling' 'Beware Of Talebearers 'Bible Interpretation' 'Bible Literacy Biblical Holy Matrimony 'Biblical Hope' 'Biblical Love' 'Biblical Repentance' 'Biblical Wisdom' Biblical 'Wisdom' 'Blessed Assurance'! 'blessed Security' 'Bride/Groom Love Song' 'Bride Of Christ' 'Cautionary And Slow For Reading' 'Cautions' Chapter 20 'Chapter 21 'character Matters' Children 'Choice Morsels - Parenting' 'choices' 'choosing Friends' Christian Faith Christ's Care For The Church' 'Christ's Love For The Church' 'Christ's Love For The 'Sheep' ' Cleansing' 'commuism' 'Consequences' Covetousness Creation 'Cruelty 'Daily Bread' 'Damnation' 'Deception' Devotions 'Devotions' For Meditations' 'Diligence' To 'remember' The Creator 'Discerning The Times' Disobedience 'Divine Love' 'Divisions' 'Ecclesiastes' Enoch 'Especially For Young Men' EXALTATION Experience Faith Pleases God Families 'family' 'Family Life' 'Fervent Praying' 'Finding Christ In The Proverbs' 'FOR DAILY PRESENCE BEFORE THE LORD' Forgiveness For Men And Women! For The Glory Of God' 'for Us To Heed And Obey' 'Friends' 'Friends'? 'Fulfilled Prophecy' 'General And Leader' Joshau 'General And Leader' - Joshau 'God And Christ's Love' 'God Is NOT A 'socialist'! 'GOD's Love For Israel' God's Providence God's Word Grace Great Rebuilder Nehemiah Great Rebuilder - Nehemiah 'Grief And Joy' 'guard And Protect - The Heart' 'Hear Christ' 'He Cares For His Own' 'He Died For Me!' 'He Is Risen!' 'HIS SECOND COMING' 'Holy Matrimony' 'Honor 'How Are You Training The Children?' 'How He Cares' 'How To Be Sure Your Prayers Are Not An Abomination' 'humble'. 'In Relationships' In 'Sanctuary' 'In The Sanctuary' In Times Gone By 'I Will Be Their God' JAN/FEB/MAR/APR 2019 'Jesus Christ' 'Jesus First And Foremost'! 'Jesus' Last Week On Earth' Jesus SAVES Job 'Job 'Job' Job And Friends 'Job's Friends' Job's God' 'John The Baptist' 'Joshua' 'juicy Tidbits' Of 'grapes' 'King Solomon' 'knowing And Doing What Is 'right' 'Knowing The Enemy' 'Know Your Enemies' 'Lacking Discernment' 'Laziness Or Slothfulness' Lessons For Today Liars' 'life Planning For The Long-term 'like Grapes To Pick Wisdom' 'Lily Of The Field And Garden' Links- Chapters 1-31 'Living Under The Sun' Love 'Love 'Love' Love' 'Love Song' Concludes ''Manchurian Candidate' 'Man's Wisdom' 'Marital Love' 'Marxism' Meditation Meeting Jesus Christ 'Mere Christianity' Or 'miracles'? 'Miracles Of God' 'Miracles Of God V 'Lying Wonders Of The Enemy' 'More Tidbits Of Wisdom' 'Near Christianity' 'Night/Day' 'None Righteous' 'No Partiality' 'Not Flesh And Blood' Obedience October/November Old Testament Or Covenant 'On Being A - 'surety' On Wealth 'Or Real Christianity' 'OUR FRIEND' 'our Love For Christ' 'outcomes' Part 1 Part 1' Part 2 People 'PRAYER PRAYERS Prayers In Songs Prayers Of The Bible PRAYING' 'Pray Without Ceasing'. Proverbs 'Proverbs' Proverbs Chapter 16 Proverbs Chapter 20 Reading The Holy Bible Real Saving Faith Real - Saving - Faith 'Real Wisdom' Reason And Persuation' 'relationships' Repentance Repentance For Today 'Repent And Believe'! 'rest' RESURRECTION 'revealed Truth' 'Review' And 'Consider Our Heart' Reviewing And Going Forward 'Riches In Glory' For Today Righteous 'Suffering' 'Righteous Vs Wicked' 'Romantic Love' 'Saints Of The LORD' 'Saints Of The Past' SALVATION 'Salvation' 'Salvation NOW!' Sanctification 'Second Men Series' 'Silence' 'Slothfulness' 'Slowing Down' 'socialism' 'Solomon' 'Song Of Solomon - Allegory' 'Song Of Songs' 'songs Of Faith' 'Songs Of Our Faith' Songs Of Our Faith 'sorrowful Hearts' 'spiritual Warfare' 'Spokespersons For God' 'Stable Believers' 'Stay Focused On The Will Of God' 'studies In The Proverbs' 'Suffering At God's Hand' 'Sweet Prayer' 'tender And Juicy Grapes Of Wisdom' 'testing Spirits' 'Testing The Spirits' Tests Of A Righteous Man 'the Benefits Of Finding Wisdom' 'The Blood Of Jesus Christ' 'the Difference Between' 'the Fear Of The Lord' 'the Friend Who Sticks Closer Than A Brother' 'the Great Life?' 'the Heart' 'The Holy Spirit' 'the Kingdom Of God' The Kingdom Of Nature' And More 'the Life Of The Wicked Vs The Righteous' 'the Love Of Christ' The Man 'The Man Joshua' 'The Man - Joshua' The Man Nehemiah 'Then 'The Proverbs' 'the Proverbs' The Proverbs 'the Righteous Vs. The Wicked' 'The Sovereign Almighty! 'the Sovereignty Of GOD' 'Tidbits Of Biblical Wisdom' 'Timely And Important - Cautions' TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE 'topics For Confession 'Training Children' 'Train Them Well' 'True Character Matters' 'True Riches' Truth 'Truth Not Deception' Truth Or Deception 'two Gates' Unbelief 'Understanding Life 'Variety In The Posts' 'Virtue' 'Warnings To Young Men 'WATCHING AND WAITING' 'Wealth' 'We Are Not All - The Same' 'we Press On!' 'we Will Reap What We Sow' 'What Fools Do Not Understand' 'What To Look For In A Good Ruler' WHAT WILL YOU DO?? When Bad Things Happen 'When God Speaks'! When To Be 'silent' 'Who Am I?' 'Who Is He?' 'Who Is YOUR GOD'? 'windows Of Agates' Wisdom Wisdom/Folly 'Wisdom In Proverbs' Wisdom In Proverbs Chapter 22 'Wisdom' Is Always 'principle' 'Wisdom Is The Principle Thing' 'Wisdom' On - 'life-styles' 'wisdom' Or 'Wise Vs Foolish Women' 'Womanhood' Women' Women Of The Bible 'Words Before Sleep' 'Worldly Wisdom' 'WORSHIP AND PRAISE'! 'Youth' 'Zacharias And Elisabeth'
Welcome to 'my house', 'my life' 'in Jesus Christ'.
Let's have 'tea'. Come in, come in! Get comfortable.
So, you want to know what it is like to be a 'follower' of Jesus Christ? Well, I am so thrilled to tell you.
It is the best life you can ever live. You become a child of the Living God, the Greatest Father in or out of this world, unto eternity.
To contact us, use the contact forms on any of the main page of any room. Let me hear any comments, suggestions. Thank you.
So, welcome to all the 'rooms' where 'themes' will guide you to understand a 'life in the Faith of Jesus Christ'. Come as often as you like - 24/7 days per year. Thank you, and let me hear from you with any suggestions or questions. Satira M. Quarles